Most Recent Fun

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

I've been busy making blanks and wanted to turn a few of them. Sadly they have all found new homes already so I'm glad I got some pictures.

The first one is an Atrax made from my old shop blue jeans. I tightly wrapped the cut strips around the brass tubes and soaked with ultra thin Glu-Boost (red label). It wicks in very well, making the blank turn-able, and finished with a medium Glu-Boost finish.

The second is a Diamond Knurl Sierra with a Cotton Mouth Snake clear cast. Once in a while I pick one out of the group to keep before I send the blanks off to sell. This snakeskin is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

The third is another Diamond Knurl Sierra with one of my new blue carbon fiber pattern blanks. I love the finished look but not so much the process of making them. lol

The last one is a Euro pen set I've had for a long time. I recently obtained some nice Oak burl and wanted to turn something different. My wife mentioned her coworker liked this style of pen so I made it for him. It was finished with Glu Boost on a nickel plated Euro. I kind of wish I would have kept it.

I have two more but will list them in another thread.
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_6287.jpg
    IMG_6287.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC_0352.JPG
    DSC_0352.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_6272.jpg
    IMG_6272.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 152
  • Oak Burl Euro.jpg
    Oak Burl Euro.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Very nice. Is that blue carbon fiber or is that fiberglass?? If it is carbon fiber is it a sleeve?? That is my favorite.

Alan Morrison

John, I like all of them, maybe not equally, but certainly really like the Oak burr and the snake skin.

Saint Patrick expelled all the snakes from Ireland centuries ago so I just have to admire yours from afar.

JohnU

John, I like all of them, maybe not equally, but certainly really like the Oak burr and the snake skin.

Saint Patrick expelled all the snakes from Ireland centuries ago so I just have to admire yours from afar.
Thanks! That's not a bad thing. lol I'm very happy to not see them in my neck of the woods also!

jttheclockman

It is a woven fiberglass twill in a carbon fiber pattern. I get so used to using carbon fiber as a generic term and didn't think about it when I typed it. lol
Makes me feel better because I have never seen CF that bright. I have the fiberglass and one of these days I will start using some of that stuff. So much on my plate now.

Top Bottom