Morning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

Good morning all, I am new to Pen Turning and the forum. I have a couple questions.

What shops in the area have the best deal and quality on supplies?
~I have been to Woodshop on N Military in Norfolk, a great place. I live out in Suffolk and looking for something more local.

How often does Hampton Roads have meetings?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome to the IAP.
I can't help you with local suppliers but there are a lot of quality supplies available right here on the IAP.

edicehouse

I appreciate it. I would rather find stuff I see before I purchase, pick which piece, ect. But I will take what I can get!

jhogan9600

I've gotten some supplies from WoodCraft in Norfolk. They're super nice folks and have a pretty good supply of stuff. Fun to browse and compare especially when starting out. What part of Suffolk are you in? I'm in Windsor just out 460 from Suffolk.
Johnny

moke

Ed,
I have found that it is great to establish yourself with a tool store. I have bought many general woodworking and turning tools from a local store, they know me by name, they even know my cell phone by heart. It has been great. They do sell some pen supplies, but are typically over priced and kind of basic.

I would highly recommend buying your "pen specific" items from our suppliers here on this site. Collectively, they have the specialty items you will need. They are also pen turners and know what is good and carry that item. You can email many of them and get advice or special orders. Most of them are as quick as you can get in shipping, using their sites or watching for items on this site is going to give you a distinct advantage over other "non IAP" pen turners out there!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom