More Workshop Storage

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

I bought two workbench/tables at Sam's Club years ago. I finally utilized the wasted space under two areas for two storage cabinets. I had to remake one of the doors, first one ended up warped and would have driven me crazy. Only thing left is to paint the wood white.

Attachments

• IMG_3658.jpeg
    IMG_3658.jpeg
    437.6 KB · Views: 177
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

With a pencil sharpener on the wall no less.
That was mounted in the garage when we bought this house. It looked to be very old, works great, moved it to my workshop. Also whoever had mounted it in the garage had it mounted about 6 feet from the floor. I could never figure out why. It was mounted above a standard size door. There was no evidence of a platform ever being there and if there was, it would have been right in front of the door.

Last edited:
That was mounted in the garage when we bought this house. It looked to be very old, works great, moved it to my workshop. Also whoever had mounted it in the garage had it mounted about 6 feet from the floor. I could never figure out why. It was mounted above a standard size door. There was no evidence of a platform ever being there and if there was, it would have been right in front of the door.
I have an old school pencil sharpener mounted on the door facing of my shop at about 6 or 7 ft up.... I'm about 6 ft tall and the sharpener is high enough that I don't hit my head through the door. It's in the upper left hand corner, very near the door header, where I don't hit my head as I walk under it....It's very handy to keep a good point on my pencils.

I like the cabinets under the work benches... good use of the space.
I have a crude set of drawers under a portion of my work benches that I built around the end of the shop with a right turn under the window.... shelves fill the other open sections. I also have another crudely built set of storage drawers in the open space under the ways of my lathe that holds my chucks, extra face plates, drill bits for the pepper mills, and anything else I need for the lathe.
I say crude because I'm not much of a carpenter... they are utilitarian, but look as if a child might have built them.

My original work bench that LOML bought for me from Home Depot or Lowe's years ago also had open wasted space under neath... I enclosed the ends and front, put a 3/4 plywood top on it and doors on the front that stores my power tools.

My shop is messy, dusty and cluttered, but I put tools back where they are stored immediately after use, otherwise I spend too much time looking for them when I need them next.

bugradx2

Ok, a few things here
1 - very impressive setup
2 - I keep a pencil sharpener on my shop wall too but it's not as impressive as yours
3 - I love how you have the drill press and scroll saw nested next to each other. Do you find that works well for you?
4 - I do love a clean shop, mine's not bad but I would like to know how often you eat off the floor in there
5 - you appear to keep a rocks glass on the bench? What's the favorite libation post woodworking?

KenB259

Ok, a few things here
1 - very impressive setup
2 - I keep a pencil sharpener on my shop wall too but it's not as impressive as yours
3 - I love how you have the drill press and scroll saw nested next to each other. Do you find that works well for you?
4 - I do love a clean shop, mine's not bad but I would like to know how often you eat off the floor in there
5 - you appear to keep a rocks glass on the bench? What's the favorite libation post woodworking?
The scroll saw drill press area is my wife's. She loves it but I don't enjoy scroll saw work. I'm not a drinker, that glass holds Werthers hard caramels. Never have eaten off the floor šŸ˜ƒ

Top Bottom