More Thin Red Lines (second set)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from egnald

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska.

I made another batch of six Thin Red Line pens using red/gold and red/chrome Prism kits from Exotic Blanks and a couple of gunmetal / chrome-gunmetal kits that I had on hand. The first batch was made using blanks that were gifted from Earl McLain (greenacres2). This batch was made with Alumilite blanks from Turner's Warehouse. Unlike the first batch which were poly resin, they drilled and turned like a dream and didn't have the strong poly resin odor when being worked.

Once I get the remaining batches complete, they will be given to members of our rural volunteer fire department.
Once again I would like to thank Earl for his gift and for the inspiration to do this project.

Regards,
Dave

PS I highly recommend the Alumilite Thin Line series of blanks from Turner's Warehouse and as always I recommend buying from Ed and Dawn at Exotic Blanks for their kits and outstanding customer service.

Attachments

• IMG_2824 Cropped.jpg
    IMG_2824 Cropped.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 103

greenacres2

Dave--all i did was plant a seed, and a marginal one at that!! Thanks for taking that on for your volunteers. They have to have the same training & certification as their counterparts--but for generally no pay. And, may surprise some to know...the fire is just as hot!!
Thanks again for what you're doing!!
earl

Kcimdrib

David
Excellent work they look great and I like the back story.
Mike

Top Bottom