More maple lace

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from triw51

triw51

Turned another bowl out of maple lace burl. My 3rd bowl with this wood, so much fun to work. M biggest regret is the wood lost when I turn the burl, I keep thinking how many pens I could make
The first pic is the burl and then the finished bowl.
The finish is minwax antique oil finish. Please all Comments and constructive critics are welcome.

Attachments

• laceburl 1.jpg
    laceburl 1.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 181
  • laceburl 3.jpg
    laceburl 3.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 192
  • laceburl 4.jpg
    laceburl 4.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 161
  • lace burl 6.jpg
    lace burl 6.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 140
  • laceburl 5.jpg
    laceburl 5.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 179
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Twinturbine

four bowls

i can normally get three to four bowls from a blank using those thing ma gigs from australia or from one way in canada. i have all parts of both units from ebay but it took a while to acquire each piece. no criticism at least you enjoyed wasted wood and it beauty. neal

USNR'03

Turned another bowl out of maple lace burl. My 3rd bowl with this wood, so much fun to work. M biggest regret is the wood lost when I turn the burl, I keep thinking how many pens I could make
The finish is minwax antique oil finish. Please all Comments and constructive critics are welcome.

Save the shavings and cast or have them cast? :redface:

triw51

Peter do you do any casting if you do I can send you some to see how they work.

USNR'03

Peter do you do any casting if you do I can send you some to see how they work.
William, no I don't I've considered it, alot, but I can see my self getting into a lot of trouble. IE the color is not "quite" what I was looking for if you know what I mean.

Save a bag fullthe next time you play with it. I'll ask at the next pen meeting I attend and see what come up, who knows.

Regards

Top Bottom