More Image Inlaid Bolo Ties: Juke Box, Songs, 3D Viewer, Espresso Cup

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob in SF

Bob in SF

Some dear friends of similar vintage kindly included me in a recent zoom sing-along (and I'm not and never will be a singer).

We concluded with "What a Wonderful World" by Thiele and Weiss, 1967. Louis Armstrong often ended his sets with this tune.

They requested some music-themed bolo ties to brighten the Holidays, so I obliged.

We had a pre-flight cup of espresso as usual to help clear any lyrics cob webs (looking at printed lyrics is cheating).

We reminisced about the old hand held 3D viewers - a lot different than today's 3D and virtual reality.

I modeled/sculpted and colored the juke box, espresso cup, and the 3D viewer in the incredible (totally free and open source) software called Blender - available here with plenty of tutorials to get you up to speed:
This software is great for modeling, sculpting, model creation for 3D printing, game asset creation, UV mapping, text handling, 2 and 3D animation, and even video editing - it's the brilliant brain child of Ton Roosendal of Amsterdam - try it! You can code in Python language if so inclined, but no coding is necessary to fully enjoy the software.

I detailed the (real world) bolo-making steps in this earlier post:

My songful buds like the Bolo Ties, so I'm happy.

SongsEspressoJukeBox3DViewerBoloTiesmarkison20201000px.jpg

Warm regards to all - Bob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Wonderful !!! . Thank you, Bob !!!

Cool reminder of the Viewmaster era, among other things nostalgic !!!

Alan Morrison

Sounds like a fun evening.
We normally had acoustic music nights at our house on a Fri evening once a month and not having been able to meet up since March
it's sorely missed.
We havent ventured into the world of Zoom as yet, but who knows.
It's not only a Wonderful world but also a crazy world.
Like your bolo ties, Bob.
Alan

Dehn0045

Bob - I love to see the ways that you fuse modern tech with classical artistic technique. Well done and thanks for sharing!

Bob in SF

Humble thanks to Jim, Mal, Alan, Mark, Sam and to others who looked.

I just realized that I left out "That Old Black Magic" - relevant to lathe turning because of this lyric fragment:
"...'round and 'round I go, up and down I go..."

Here's the better family picture:

SongsEspressoJukeBox3DViewerBoloTiesmarkison20201000pxblkmgc.jpg

Warm regards - Bob

Top Bottom