More Earrings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dehn0045

Dehn0045

I'm having trouble finding the motivation to get out in the shop, it's just so unbearably hot. These earrings are fun because I can knock out a couple pairs before I get soaked in sweat. Maple with turquoise inlay and zebrawood.

PSX_20200704_220814.jpg

KenB259

Nice work. It's very hot here in Michigan too, and forecast still calling for 90s all next week. The humidity though is not too bad. The earrings with the blue stripe, do you paint the stripe on?

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Dehn0045

Thanks @KenB259 . The color is turquoise powder, I cut a shallow groove with a hand saw then fill with turquoise powder and flood with thin CA. Belt sander removes the excess. I've used a similar technique on pens with both natural and artificial voids, works nice. I am going to try some slightly larger pieces of turquoise because the powder doesn't look much different than paint.

Dehn0045

It's very hot here in Michigan too, and forecast still calling for 90s all next week. The humidity though is not too bad.

I forgot to mention, I grew up in MN, so it's always fun for me to hear Texans complain about the cold in winter and my family complaining about the heat in summer. I remember growing up if we had more than 10 days over 90 in a summer that was considered a lot, in TX we had one summer where the LOW didn't drop below 80 for an entire month. Then again, when I showed my TX friends the thermometer showing -25 degF one Christmas their minds were blown.

Top Bottom