More chaos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rfas

rfas

Three more chaos pens this weekend, once again made from cutting board scraps. Random combinations of maple, walnut, cherry, and purpleheart. These are turning into a lot of fun because I have no idea what I'm gonna get until I turn it. Some of them are even scraps from scraps - I have been taking what's left over from cutting blanks and gluing that back up until I have nothing more to glue up. More to follow!

(Please excuse the cat hair in the background.)

845BD6DC-A3B5-41B4-B6B1-39C09049EDBF.jpeg
8541E9B3-83F3-42A6-A624-8F5F25374E17.jpeg
4C8D5BA9-EE5A-4B33-8E79-108B18BBA8B0.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Hey ..... let's see a picture of the cat !!!

BTW ..... I find these pens to be VERY attractive !!

I have long had a "thing" about trying to use pen blank scraps in precisely that way . . . but who cares where the scraps come from.

The results are absolutely beautiful, IMO !!!! . . The more chaotic the better !!!!

rfas

Hey ..... let's see a picture of the cat !!!

BTW ..... I find these pens to be VERY attractive !!

I have long had a "thing" about trying to use pen blank scraps in precisely that way . . . but who cares where the scraps come from.

The results are absolutely beautiful, IMO !!!! . . The more chaotic the better !!!!
Thank you! I'm having fun with this. They're bizarre, but definitely unique, and good use of scraps I'd otherwise throw away. I've also been saving my pen blank scraps, but that may be a bit more of a pain because you would have to joint all of those little pieces to avoid gaps. I saw a video where a guy took all of his blank scraps, cast them in resin, and turned a bowl out of it. That was pretty wild, but also quite a bit of money in resin.
Oh, and here's the cat…
E9514BD7-7A27-49D8-8C4C-134E885952BD.jpeg

Top Bottom