More beer tap handles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Carl Fisher

Carl Fisher

Had to setup a display for a show this weekend. Borrowed the Pirates one back from the guy I made it for and added 3 more to round out a display. The inset in the one is for whatever medallion the customer wishes to put in there. Wanted to show one with and one empty for reference.

Attachments

• TapHandle-3.jpg
    TapHandle-3.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 408
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Those look good! I remember several years ago our turning club did a road trip to Baltimore to a place that does beer taps for many breweries and they showed how the taps are made. They had about a thousand taps mounted on a wall.

Carl Fisher

Very nice! i was just thinking about trying one of these.
Are there inserts available for the tap end ?

All of the hardware is available through Rockler or various other online sellers. Just look for beer faucet ferrule and top hat or something like that.

mmayo

Carl,

I make cedar plugs for fishing or display and have been asked to make a "cedar plug" beer faucet handle. It will be made of purpleheart and perhaps ebony at the "head end" and perhaps at the attachment point. There is concern (that I share) about having a lead head at the end so ebony sounds far better.

Please share some advice so I can be successful.

Carl Fisher

Carl,

I make cedar plugs for fishing or display and have been asked to make a "cedar plug" beer faucet handle. It will be made of purpleheart and perhaps ebony at the "head end" and perhaps at the attachment point. There is concern (that I share) about having a lead head at the end so ebony sounds far better.

Please share some advice so I can be successful.

Hi Mark.

I'm afraid I'm not understanding the concern? There is no lead in the ones above. The closest is the pewter on the one medallion but otherwise it's all wood with the plated metal top hat and bottom finials.

Perhaps if you could rephrase your question I might be able to help you out?

mmayo

Perhaps a photo of the cedar plug and the matching beer tap handle I just made would help. This handle only works for people that recognize the fishing lure above it. Your handled are very thoughtful and ornate.

8883E523-1BB0-4CC3-9360-300AEF18638F_zpsn4qggvjo.jpg

The handle is presently receiving five coats of gloss polyurethane to both protect the wood and prevent the lead transfer to a hand pouring beer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom