More Back Up sump pumps

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

I have an M98 (maybe 53) combo Zoeller. It's about 10 years old and I think I'll replace it. Any reason not to use the same. Any systems superior to a Zoeller? I'm asking a strange question as I have no complaints about the current unit. Just staying proactive

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

I used to buy Zoeller sump pumps from Ferguson when installing for a customer or myself, they are a quality pump. I installed. #53 for a neighbor and used an electronic water level sensor....worked great!

I now see them at Lowe's......don't know if they are of the same quality or not.
Sometimes the home centers carry a lower level of an item compared with a contractors plumbing supply house.
What do the reviews say about the Zoller?

MRDucks2

Zoeller either has a wider variety of pumps now or I have a better knowledge of the variety. With that in mind, I still used the Zoeller cast pump of traditional design at my last house. The newer version I found was easier to clean/check the impeller and still am quiet and smooth. I added a Zoeller backup to the same discharge pipe. It was lighter built with more plastic but based on intended use I was fine with it. It would still be my first consideration for a primary, but pick by design and not price.

WriteON

I going to use a an M53 system again. It's what is there now. I think the unit is the same quality wherever it comes from (Lowes or plumbing supply). Might order online...curious what condition it's in when it gets to the doorstep. Thanks for replies, It's Zoeller again for the 3rd time. Was curious if there was a different unit I should know about.

Glad that is one problem I don't have to worry about.... our house sits on the side of a hill, no basement, so water just flows past and doesn't hang around. We had a frog strangler yesterday for about an hour or so... filled the ditch out front, half the yard that is flat and flooded the street... half hour after the rain stopped it was all gone.

MRDucks2

I bought my last sump pump online through Amazon under their discounted returns program. Looked the pump up normal and below the regular listing was one for about half off, a returned but guaranteed unit. When it got to the house the box was beat to death but everything inside was fine.

pshrynk

I'm with Chuck. We are about 50 feet above the Mississippi and the town sits on a sandstone/sand deposit valley. If we're getting water in our basement we have bigger problems than that. We should have headed for the hills long before that.

WriteON

I bought the M53 Pro-Pak. It is an assembled primary and back up. As expected it came in damaged. Got returned...re ordered a separate pump (M53) and separate battery back up). Will build it and install. After it's in I'll buy a new 31group AGM for it.
Advantages are:
2 pieces are lighter to get home (I cannot lift the combo package).
Will hopefully receive in proper condition.
Will have confidence in it knowing how it went together.
About $100 cheaper.

WriteON

Ended up with a M53 ProPak and a NorthStar 31AGM battery. In, tested and working. Got it from Lowes. They put it in back of car for (I cannot lift). It worked out great. Ordered online and picked it up. No hassle returns. Also... I needed support from Zoeller...they were they to help.

Top Bottom