MONTEVERDE refills for CROSS style pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I am looking for comments from people who have actually used these refills in cross style pens. I want to know if they add any real value to the pen such that using them in component sets would make sense. They are fairly expensive compared to most Cross style refills.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
They work well ... Which is more than I can say about the other refills. I get mine from Exotic Blanks. Ed is great to work with.
I know where to get them, I'm trying to decide whether to replace stock refills in my Creeklines with them and raise the price to cover the added cost....So far I have not gotten a lot of comments...but I did get one buyer who is trying one.

SteveJ

I've used them and thought enough of them to order a bunch for the nicer cross style pens I turn. The stock refills tend to be inconsistent imho, and the Monteverde I've used have been consistent if only a little bit better.

vakmere

I use Monteverde medium black and/or blue to replace Cross style refills in most of the pens I do. Monteverde writes smoother and a little darker. Never been a fan of fine point. With that said I recently purchased Monteverde refills for Parker style and sent them back. There was no appreciable difference between those and the Parker style that came with the kit. I needed to drag the ink across the paper to get it started. Not so with the Monteverde Cross replacements. Maybe a bad batch? Yes they are pricy but the writing experience is much better. :glasses-cool:
Does it add more value to the pen? The customer would have to do a "taste test" between the two to see. I would consider it an upgrade but you would have to sell them on it i would imagine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom