Mont Blanc FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

titan2

Found someone selling a Mont Blanc Meisterstuck Homage to Chopin Fountain Pen that they got for a graduation gift last year.....they want $140. Good deal or not? Don't know much about these high end FPs. It also has not been used!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzz

Worth several times $140.

Mont Blanc is probably the most counterfeited pen, so be careful! I'd be very suspicious of a pen like this at the price being asked. The seller only has to looka around the internet for a few minutes to get some idea of value.

The original box and printed information that came with it is also important in terms of value to a collector.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
The MSRP on this pen is $470 but I can routinely find it for $300. I'm not surprised to see someone offering it for $140. While MB is frequently counterfeited, the special editions are less frequently counterfeited than the standard models.

titan2

Originally posted by Buzz

Mont Blanc is probably the most counterfeited pen, so be careful! I'd be very suspicious of a pen like this at the price being asked. The seller only has to looka around the internet for a few minutes to get some idea of value.

The original box and printed information that came with it is also important in terms of value to a collector.

That's something I note when I 'googled' it!!! He has the whole package including the CD that comes with it. Says it's going because of some bills that needs to be taken care of......I can understand that especially if he's not the FP type.

I may check it out this weekend.....I'll keep in mind your cautions. Any obvious ways to detect a fake?

Thanks for your responses!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by titan2

Originally posted by Buzz

That's something I note when I 'googled' it!!! He has the whole package including the CD that comes with it. Says it's going because of some bills that needs to be taken care of......I can understand that especially if he's not the FP type.

I may check it out this weekend.....I'll keep in mind your cautions. Any obvious ways to detect a fake?

Thanks for your responses!

The easiest way to detect a fake is to send it to me. If I send it back, it is a fake. If I don't, and never answer another one of your emails, it is genuine! :D[}:)];)

Top Bottom