Money Vase/Urn

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob Wemm

Bob Wemm

On the 22nd January I posted a "Knotty Pine" vase that I was going to dress up, but was not allowed to when Betty saw it.

So here is PLAN B.
This is made from 4 slabs of builders pine glued together to make the blank. I think that it is Radiata Pine. After turning and sanding the money was applied and then the trouble started. I applied 4 coats of Mod Podge which dried in about 20 minutes for each coat. Then SHMBO came home and told me I was using the wrong stuff, apparently I should have used the "Waterproof" version. So I applied one coat of "That" and 2 weeks later it was still sticky. I didn't want to take all the money off so I thought I would try a coat of Clear Acrylic Gloss spray paint and see what happened. Nothing to loose Hey.

That set hard so I sprayed on another couple of coats and began the sanding process. After I had gone as far as I dared there were still some brush marks from the original coatings, so I sprayed another two heavy coats of Acrylic clear gloss and sanded that down to a fine finish.

The final coat is a Satin Lacquer.

I think this might have to be a keeper, as I don't think I will get my money back:redface:. Wot ya rekon???

The vase is 7.5in tall x 5.5in wide. $775.00 attached.

C & C Welcome and thanks for looking.

Bob.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 200
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 168
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 193
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Uh Bob... did u say $775.00 attached ???

Not to question a Master Turner from Down Under... BUT... ARE YOU C..ZY!!!

No...? A great work, but maybe not a "money maker" $776.00 +.

I love this!!! Mate - U are the MAN!

mmyshrall

Bob, nice work. My comment is not related to the fact that you used actual money for the vase (I really like the artistic, albeit, expensive choice of materials). It is not related to the quality of the turning (we can see that for ourselves).

I sit here amazed that the SWMBO in your life looked at it and didn't fuss over the money used and simply suggested a different finishing product. You have a keeper there as mine would have immediately asked how to undo the finish you had already applied. :biggrin:

Mine would probably then suggested I stick to robbing the Monopoly set for money instead of the bank account!

Good job, thanks for sharing.
Michael

Top Bottom