molds and alumilite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hippi

my molds will be made of plastic cutting boards and screwed together will the stoner mold release work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Yes, if you get the correct mold release for the resin you are using. Alumilite is a brand and not a product. Alumilite makes several resins. The most popular for the casting we do is Clear or Clear Slow or white. Those are urethane resins. Amazing clear cast is an epoxy resin. There is a Stoner mold release for urethane resins and one for epoxy resins. Personally, I do not use a mold release for casting with Clear or Clear Slow. Just saying.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

my molds will be made of plastic cutting boards and screwed together will the stoner mold release work
I know it isn't exactly what you are looking for, but I did the same thing for awhile and wasn't happy until I just purchased some nice silicone molds. For me, it was well worth it after trials with hdpe.

JohnU

I used cutting boards for a while also but they got brittle and eventually broke out because they were less then 1/2" thick. Plus the surface isn't exactly smooth and the resin can really hold on and the joints can leak due to lack of a tight fit. I would suggest looking on Amazon for HDPE sheets. You can get them in different thickness and they come Very Smooth and easy to cut on the table saw. I wouldn't go less then 1/2" thick. They will last much longer with less problems.

Top Bottom