Mokume Gane Trident

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Been working a lot. Did get a chance to make this kitless Mokume Gane fountain pen. Made this a little at a time whenever I could get away to the shop. Created from a Triple Twist Round Bar of Mokume Gane with Nickel-Silver, Copper and Brass. Finished by sanding lightly but thoroughly with Feldspar powder and patinated to show all three metals. Took my time using the felspar to ensure there was good shearing of the metals. Resulted in defined boundaries of the three metals so as to not overlap and "smear" over the adjacent metal. Has a Bock #6 polished fine nib. Was happy with the result. The Mokume Gane twist triple round bar was custom made by master metalsmith Mike Sakmar.
Thanks so much for looking.
Doc:)

Attachments

• Mokume Gane Trident.jpg
    Mokume Gane Trident.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 831
  • Mokume Gane Trident_1.jpg
    Mokume Gane Trident_1.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 945
  • Mokume Gane Trident_2.jpg
    Mokume Gane Trident_2.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 764
  • Mokume Gane Trident_3.jpg
    Mokume Gane Trident_3.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 1,331
  • Mokume Gane Trident_4.jpg
    Mokume Gane Trident_4.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 394
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

WOW

yes I have to agree with the others this qualifys as a WOW pen. The material, the shape, and the consistant flow of the blank from cap to body makes it a real beauty. Now that pen belongs on the front page for sure. One of your most prominent pens. Nice work and thanks for showing.

magpens

WOW is right !!!! .... WHAT A BEAUTY !!!! .... Look at the perfect alighment of patterns where the cap and body meet !!!!!

bobleibo

In addition to what else has been said, the thing that amazes me is how well pattern/grain of the top and bottom barrels line up when closed....a lot harder than it looks.

magier412

A beautiful pen indeed. Love the Mokume Gane you've used and the fit and finish (and immaculate attention to detail) is top notch. Very well done. thank you for sharing

bluwolf

Another stunner Doc! I've been fortunate enough to see one of these in person. It really is as impressive as it looks. And it was very difficult to give it back:biggrin:

Mike

The Penguin

Another stunner Doc! I've been fortunate enough to see one of these in person. It really is as impressive as it looks. And it was very difficult to give it back:biggrin:

Mike

I've been to Doc's house a few times. He's tried to give me a pen a few times, but I always decline.

If this one is around next time - I might not.

:tongue:

wizard

Thank you !!

Actually, the only thing that comes to mind in response to all of your kind comments is WOW! Thanks so much!
I really enjoy working with Mokume and have made pens and jewelry from the material. It's an amazing sight when you apply the patina and see the reactive metals pop out.
The jewelry part keeps me out of the doghouse. :redface::wink:
Again, thank you!! Doc:)

Last edited:

BSea

I have to agree with some of the others. This is my favorite one of yours so far! I would say the W word, but it would be sort of anti-climatic. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Oh what the heck WOW!!!

Timebandit

Doc, another beautiful pen! It's been a while since I've been on here and seeing your pens and they are a welcome site as always! Your skills at making these pens are something to cherish. I've just gotten my shop cleaned up and hope to be making pens again soon and I hope I can produce something even close to the level of this pen. Good to see you on here again and hope to talk to you soon.

Justin

Top Bottom