Modified RAW #3

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PatrickR

PatrickR

I think I'm progressing. This one was a problem child but I persevered. C&C welcomed.
011bc56e2d44f8412725eea4c3df7ff2.jpg
7e8ebe8c32a067d22217b340f0f7fc53.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Good proportions, beautiful modifications. That's a sharp looking pen. I think you should call Penn State and let them know you've perfected their pen style for them :beer:

PatrickR

Good proportions, beautiful modifications. That's a sharp looking pen. I think you should call Penn State and let them know you've perfected their pen style for them :beer:

Thanks! Not perfected yet, I'm taking baby steps. Working on v4 now. I need to loose the tube and all of the cap except the threading. That way I can add some taper/shape to it. I have clips on the way to incorporate into later versions.

Bocote, ebony and brass. KBS dip finish.

magpens

"I need to loose the tube and all of the cap except the threading."

Hi Patrick,

I am very interested in what your are doing with this kit. . I am not quite clear on what you mean by your sentence which I have quoted above. . If you don't mind, please, I would appreciate a little more clarification. . Thanks.

PatrickR

"I need to loose the tube and all of the cap except the threading."

Hi Patrick,

I am very interested in what your are doing with this kit. . I am not quite clear on what you mean by your sentence which I have quoted above. . If you don't mind, please, I would appreciate a little more clarification. . Thanks.

This pic should help. On the right is the stock kit. Cap is .5"x2" and uses a 3/8" tube. I have been machining the cap and connector to smaller diameter and trimming the cap in length. It leaves no room for shaping the wood without having a large diameter. Either for the cap or body. V4 (on the left) I have machined the cap into a connector and will not use a tube.
cd38e1e534015c2b2445ea306f73109e.jpg

Top Bottom