Mixing CA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Mixing CA

As I do more CA finishing is it ok to mic the thin med and thinck ca. I find in certain situations I want a cote of thick ca and then add several cotes of med and then thin fo the final cotes, seems the fasest way to do it. Is there any problem with this or will it all bond the same?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

grub32

Yeah...It is fine...ditto was Justin said...CA is the same chemically...The only real difference is the type and amount of solvent that its mixed with.

Grub

Sylvanite

It works just fine. I usually apply a couple coats of thin as a sealant, and then move up to medium. Sometimes, if it's cold and dry, and the medium isn't setting up as quickly as I'd like, I'll put a layer of thin on top of curing medium (or thick). The thin CA causes the previous layer to harden faster. I've also found that alternating thin and medium causes the medium layers to set up more quickly.

Regards,
Eric

I don't see any problems with mixing the viscosity of the CA, but I question the necessity.... a good coating of one or the other should be sufficient in most cases (I would think...) I use medium for finishing...

Top Bottom