Mississippi Tru-Quarter™

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

Mississippi State Quarter. This is the latest in my set of 50 state quarters to cut out. I think i have around 7 or 8 left to complete the set. Tomorrow will be Minnesota's quarter.

Cut out using my dremel scroll saw. Difficulty level: moderate

2013-02-16 23.08.32-1.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Seamus, you say 'Difficulty level - moderate' , but I think you are being too modest. I've always enjoy looking at these and admire the skill it takes to make them. I know that some of them appear to be very intricate, but compare this one to some of your first ones and you will see how you've progressed. The edges are now perfectly smooth and you just make it look easy!!:biggrin:

Which quarter has been the most difficult? And which one was the most enjoyable to make?

Last edited:

PWL

Moderately difficult?? Yeah,right! Blows me away. I need a magnifying glass just to see them. Really nice.

Ol Shaky
Paul

seamus7227

Seamus, you say 'Difficulty level - moderate' , but I think you are being too modest. I've always enjoy looking at these and admire the skill it takes to make them. I know that some of them appear to be very intricate, but compare this one to some of your first ones and you will see how you've progressed. The edges are now perfectly smooth and you just make it look easy!!:biggrin:

Which quarter has been the most difficult? And which one was the most enjoyable to make?

Steve, that is interesting you say that, went back and looked at them and can see what you mean. I would say the more difficult quarters have been Oregon, Pennsylvania, Maine,Louisiana, and im sure a couple more, just cant think of them at the moment. They had the most fragile pieces remaining that were suspended.

Seamus, is there a certian spiral blade used for this? I've always loved seeing the work you do. It's amazing.

I tried using the spiral blades in the beginning for the larger areas to be removed, but because they are so aggressive, i stopped using them. I just use blades with many teeth per inch and double toothed(non reverse or the coin comes flying out of the jig and gets torn up. DAMHIKT)

Would you ever consider posting a tutorial to the library?

As soon as i can finish cutting out all of the state quarters, I have considered doing a video tutorial series on the entire process. However, that is a lengthy process and may take a couple of years at the rate I'm going now.:rolleyes:

Moderately difficult?? Yeah,right! Blows me away. I need a magnifying glass just to see them. Really nice.

Ol Shaky
Paul

hey dont feel bad Paul, i have to use a magnifying glass as it is to make these cuts, my eyes arent that great either.

thank you all for the great compliments!

Top Bottom