Missing Members

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenacres2

@TonyL asked about WoodnWhimsies in a thread earlier today--which led me to remember a Mom who posted some on here a few years ago on behalf of her young daughter. She was a big fan of WoodnWhimsies, and seems like they lived close enough to go to the store. Can't recall the name--but Tony's post made me realize i'd not seen anything of them in the past few years. Can't think of the name or username, but i hope the daughter is still turning!!

And...the above then had my mind drifting to a young guy who was a talented young turner as well, from a farm or ranch somewhere out west. Seth?? He often had thuya burl for sale--i may have a box or envelope with his name on it. He headed off to bible college a few years ago--i hope he is continuing to do well, and one finds his way back to say hello!!

As for me...i still look in daily, watch the new posts. The last few years have been crazy busy at work, and hoping that 14 months from tomorrow i'll be able to turn out the office lights for the last time. Only turning a pen every now & then--time is precious and the consignment shop i was displayed in was a Covid victim. Plus--a few years back i turned a wood bowl. Preacher Jon can attest--that is about as addicting as turning pens!!

At any rate, if any of you have news on the two kids mentioned above--would be great to know they are okay. And, if this triggers a thought of someone you didn't realize you were missing...hope you get a chance to say "hello" to them in 2022. I need to get my attention back to my work!!

Be Blessed!!
earl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I remember Seth. I think he went off to College, which his pen turning either paid for or a good portion of his costs. Nice kid and I hope he comes back. He did some good work with his brothers(?).

TonyL

I did hear back from WW. They are not in GA. I am not sure if that is still there plan.

Speaking on missing members: Brian from Australia was a wonderful man. I hope he is ok.

Brian G

Mom who posted some on here a few years ago on behalf of her young daughter. She was a big fan of WoodnWhimsies, and seems like they lived close enough to go to the store. Can't recall the name--
If we're thinking of the same pair, the Mom posted as "jennera", and the daughter's name is Rebecca. I don't think the daughter posted on her own.

greenacres2

If we're thinking of the same pair, the Mom posted as "jennera", and the daughter's name is Rebecca. I don't think the daughter posted on her own.
Yep…that's it!! I was thinking "Rebecca" but not certain.
Let's see if @Rolandranch gets notification that we're wishing him well!
Certainly, adding Brian to that list. And that reminds me of the fellow in Ireland who sold the bog oak—he was in a hotbed area whe COVID first broke out.
Thanks for mentioning WoodnWhimsies Tony!
Earl

JUICEDSS

@greenacres2, @TonyL

"Brian" ? - - from Australia ?
Are you thinking of "Ozturner", Earl & Tony ? . He is a "Brian" and was here quite recently.
I did hear back from WW. They are not in GA. I am not sure if that is still there plan.

Speaking on missing members: Brian from Australia was a wonderful man. I hope he is ok.
As a side note, I reached out to Brian last week. He is doing well.

Top Bottom