Missing Contest Entries

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Here are 3 entries that did not make it into this years Intermediate & Beginners contest.

It was my oversight that lead to this. For some reason these 3 entries were put in my spam folder. I thought I had checked it before finalizing the poll threads but sadly I didn't. There wasn't a way to add them into the polls as late entries without resetting all the votes. A day had passed before I knew what had happened and there were to many votes to warrant the change.

I have already privately apologized to each of these contestants. Now I'd like to publicly apologize for my mistake - I'm sorry.

Since this has kept their work from being seen I'm posting them here and how for everyone to see so their work can be appreciated as much as everyone else's.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Bob Wemm

Gold Twist Cigar Kit. The blanks are made by me, the colour is from a reflective film and clear poly resin cast over the top.

Attachments

• Bob Wemm.JPG
    Bob Wemm.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 183

Brooks803

Beedeejay

The Kit is Chrome JR Gent, The blank is a combination of Red Ash Gall, which is kind of like a burl, and a Bright fluorescent Orange pearlex resin (I think), blanks were turned between centres and the finish Is CA, wet sanded to 1200w&d then polished and buffed, Thanks for liking.

Attachments

• Beedeejay.jpg
    Beedeejay.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 173

Dale Lynch

Great pens guys,Sorry they didn't get put in,

Bob,I bet that cigar looks cool when you roll it around in the sunlight.Beautiful.

Bee,The orange resin blends really well with the natural colors of the burl.Great job.

Randog, I like your segmenting,it's really crisp and clean.Great work.

toddlajoie

Nice work!!!!! The reflective film looks fantastic, the segmenting is great (something I still haven't taken the time to get comfortable with, and I've had a soft spot in my heart for Wood/Acrylic blanks since I first started here!!!

plano_harry

These, are all very nice pens! I agree, none of these look like beginner pens. I would love to have any of them. Mistakes like this are always unfortunate, but do happen. Condolences to strong competitors.

Harry

SteveG

I suggest there be a prize of some appropriate sort to each of these excellent entries to acknowledge their fine work, and provide a happy outcome after the unintentional omission.(A mistake any one of us could have made, had we put ourselves out there to do the job.)

Brooks803

Again guys, I'm sorry for the mistake. We all know it can happen to anyone, but that doesn't make it any less upsetting.

I suggest there be a prize of some appropriate sort to each of these excellent entries to acknowledge their fine work, and provide a happy outcome after the unintentional omission.(A mistake any one of us could have made, had we put ourselves out there to do the job.)

Way ahead of you Steve :wink:. I've already allocated a few prizes for each person. It doesn't make up for my mistake, but hopefully will ease the sting a bit.

Argo13

Great pens! If one of those is beginner I need to begin again. Fantastic.

Back to the library for me to learn some more stuff.

Jason

Bob Wemm

I would like to thank Jonathon for doing this for us. It is a bit of a bummer not having our pens judged by all the members. However we are going to get a prize even if we had come last in the contest.
Thanks for all the comments from you guys.
S**T happens, but it is not the end of the world. After all, there is still next year.

Cheers,
Bob.

Beedeejay

I would like to thank Jonathon for doing this for us. It is a bit of a bummer not having our pens judged by all the members. However we are going to get a prize even if we had come last in the contest.
Thanks for all the comments from you guys.
S**T happens, but it is not the end of the world. After all, there is still next year.

Cheers,
Bob.

I agree with everything Bob has said,
As this was my one and only entry in any comps this year (intermediate)I found the pen wasn't the challenge but takeing a good picture was, (but like Bob said always next year & I have a another year to improve my camera skills)
This pen was actually made for the Australia Day pen swap on WWF forum and the new owner of it has been waiting to be able to put pictures up of it,

I made this pen out of a blank made by a friend (and casting guru) here on the Gold Coast Neil Aka Dai Sensei,
I am lucky to even have another of the blanks in orange and one with dark red resin:biggrin:

When mistakes are honest and people don't try to hide the fact, I feel there is no reason to hold grudges and can only forgive, so after Jonathon's public apology I'd just like to say him " it's all good mate"

Cheers Ben,

P:S
Also nice pens Bob and Randog

Top Bottom