Miniature Moonshine kettle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Constant Laubscher

I have made this little copper kettle for myself and was inspired by the fact that my Dad who use to make moonshine (White Lightning, Wit Blitz) many years ago.

It took about two weeks on and off to make but the reward was great.
I realy enjoy making these things and believe me I have none or very little metal working tools like you get in a good blacksmith workshop.
I have used 3/32 " thick copper sheet and just beat it in to submition.

By now it has a nice patina look and not as shiney as in the picture.

Attachments

• 004_renamed_26959.jpg
    004_renamed_26959.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 593
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,254
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 904
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Thank you for your kind words, I wish I can find more of the hidden once.
My dad is the one who showed me many-many how to do things over the years. So many people have Idols or hero's and if I have to pick one it would be my dad. He is seventy and lives in SA and I wish he was here every day.

Gary Max

Heck you could only make a pint at a time with that-----looks great.
There are some folks around who still know how to use one of those--- :)

RMB

Thats a nice little still! Could probably make about two or three shots at a time..? I brewed up a couple batches of shine a few years ago, just for kicks. Tasted like, well #@$%, but it was high proof. Now I homebrew beer with much better results.

ahoiberg

nice job on that...

it has me thinking george jones, white lightning: they was lookin' tryin to book him but my pappy kept a cookin'.... ohhhhhhh *hiccup* white lightnin'!

woodboys

Constant, nice kettle but I think it still takes a back seat to the torch. Maybe if you added the copper tubing, some corn and some sugar.

btboone

Nice pen. Mine only had 44 pieces, and they were a handful to keep straight. My first one had maple and walnut interleaved. They are a lot of work. I'm working on a new version now. :wink:

rb765

wow, with that you can make your own fuel. I found a book called Alcohol Is A Gas that you might want to look into. I believe there is also a website by the same name (without the spaces). Now with the money you save, you can get more penturning stuff. How cool is that?

elody21

That is really cool! I have a 90 year old bottle of wine and a jar of liquered cherries from my grandfather. I doubt if either would be any good :( I don't think he ever made white lighting though. I do buy it and use it to clean my airbrush gun for my bakery. It works great.

Top Bottom