Miniature Grandfather Clock

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Alan Morrison

Alan Morrison

My first attempt at showing a picture on this site. I did this clock on the scroll saw and included a recently made pen for scale. Hope that you like it. Alan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Ah always good to see another scrollsaw artisan and their works. I too love to spend relaxing time behind the fine machinery of the scrollsaw. Even though you have the pen for reference it is still hard to tell the dimensions. How large is the piece and what is the wood. looks like walnut. What finish did you put on it?? Also being a larger piece what scrollsaw are you using?? I have a couple RBI Hawks that I love. Nice work and thanks for showing.

sbwertz

I was gifted with a scroll saw several years ago when a friend's husband died and she gave me some of his tools. I've never used it...it came without a motor and I just never got around to setting it up. My shop is so stuffed with tools now that you have to turn sideways to walk through it. One of these days...... I have a friend who does amazing scroll saw work and she has promised to come over and get me started.

Alan Morrison

How large is the piece and what is the wood. looks like walnut. What finish did you put on it?? Also being a larger piece what scrollsaw are you using??
Hello John. The piece is 24 inches in height, 5 inches deep and 7 inches at widest, cut on an Excalibur 21, from walnut and some teak ( don't tell but I ran out of walnut )
The whole piece is made in 5 different sections.
Thanks for your interest
Alan

Top Bottom