Milling gloat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

Yesterday, John and I finally got our logs milled into lumber, here are some pics.
Before...
2006521171537_before.jpg

During...
2006521171621_during.jpg

After...
200652117178_stacked.jpg

The garden "weed preventative"...
2006521171757_sawdust.jpg

We even have our very own "Guard Goose" to watch over our lumber...
2006521171837_lumbergoose.jpg

Now, if you want to see what you all get out of this, please check the individual classifieds in a few minutes, and I'll have my first pen blank post ready with some VERY curly maple blanks.

Woodnknots

we had curly ambrosia maple (about 400 bdft), sycamore (same amount), cherry (about 150 bdft), and hickory (about 40bdft). I had thought I had tulip poplar, but when we cut it, it turned out to be hickory. I have a couple more logs, and some more felled trees with the hickory, so I'll be milling that up in the future, I hope. Right now, we are pretty low on space for drying stacks of lumber. We have one stack with cherry, walnut, and persimmon at john's house, that's about 1000 bdft, plus what we milled up yesterday, being stored at my house. But that's a problem I think I can live with.
BTW, I have 4 logs of cherry that I decided not to mill, that I will be cutting into large bowl blanks in the near future, if anyone wants to revive my flat rate box of cherry offer. It's somewhere in the individual classifieds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom