Mill Help needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from southernclay

southernclay

So decided to turn a salt and pepper mill set, haven't made one before so why not make a matching set right? : )
Anyway they did turn out pretty nice, match well etc. assembly time now and the mill height is about 5/16" short for the CSUSA artisan kit (8")

Is there any way to adjust? Cutting the interior tension bar is all I can think to do but want to check before I mess them up.

Thanks!
Warren

Attachments

• image-1196413662.jpg
    image-1196413662.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 218
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

Snuck away from the office for a bit to finish these dudes off. Thanks to CSUSA for the help as well as Ed @ Exotics that was nice enough to send his tutorial over as well.

Wife loves em, even put organic Pink Himalayan Sea Salt in the salt mill for her :biggrin: Tastes kind of like salt if you haven't tried it, maybe a little saltier:laugh:

Anyway hope you like them, I've been pretty intimidated to try these since I wanted them to match up but glad I finally tackled them.

Attachments

• mills 2.JPG
    mills 2.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 194
  • mills.JPG
    mills.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 185
They look good. I've also found it best to stop and think when something doesn't go as planned. Usually if you panic and try fix it right away you break what you were trying to fix and later on you think of what would've been a simple easy solution.

Hendu3270

They look awesome man. Well done.

organic Pink Himalayan Sea Salt you say? Wife says I'm a salt freak and this sounds kinds cool. Where is it found? Besides the Himalayans!!:biggrin:

Oh, and I think you knocked the "matching" thing out of the park.

southernclay

organic Pink Himalayan Sea Salt you say? Wife says I'm a salt freak and this sounds kinds cool. Where is it found? Besides the Himalayans!!:biggrin:

Thanks!

I got the salt from 84Salt.com - Home found them on eBay but cheaper off their site. My wife is big on eating right and apparently there are health benefits etc to the salt, she buys some sort of butter that has some benefits as well. If I can eat salt and butter and say I'm doing for my health....I'm cool with that :)

Hendu3270

Thanks!

I got the salt from 84Salt.com - Home found them on eBay but cheaper off their site. My wife is big on eating right and apparently there are health benefits etc to the salt, she buys some sort of butter that has some benefits as well. If I can eat salt and butter and say I'm doing for my health....I'm cool with that :)

I'm right with you on eating more salt and butter if it'sd good for me :bulgy-eyes:

So what's the healthy butter.

southernclay

Free range grass fed butter or butter from free range grass fed cows I guess. I will say this stuff is good, better than amish butter, salty too. She's gotten it at Whole Foods and Publix both

walshjp17

Excellent S&P mills. If it were me, I would have likely put three beads on the pepper and two on the salt in case I couldn't find my glasses:biggrin: - a tactile difference, if you will.

Top Bottom