Military Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hornet406

hornet406

This is a bullet pen made with slices of colored acrylic which I cast to replicate military medals. I think its a great way to honor a veteran for his service. This one is mine and the ribbon is the southeast asia service ribbon from Desert Storm. I also do Vietnam, Iraq and Afganistan ribbons.

Attachments

• ribbon.jpg
    ribbon.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 411
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hornet406

Very cool idea. You ought to do a decal of the bronze stars. That would make it really personal to the person who served.

Thanks for the idea on a decal. I was trying to incorporate the actual metal star by drilling a small hole and inlaying it but I was not getting a good outcome. I will give that a try.

PaulDoug

That really looks nice. There use to be a turner on here that made them casting a real ribbon. He had a tutorial in the library on making them. I don't know if it is still in the library.

mharvey

how would a printout on paper work....and glue to the tube...?any tricks to this....or would it work...and look as good...

Rodnall

Very nice, I have 2 nephews that were wounded in Iraq and had been thinking about making something with a purple heart.

SDB777

Interesting concept.....are you pouring thick and planing them to the correct thickness before glue-up? Or is this done as a single pour, stacking as you go?(that doesn't sound like the fun way to do this)

Got one of these ribbons from back in the day.....somewhere?

Scott (not fun times, but.........) B

hornet406

Interesting concept.....are you pouring thick and planing them to the correct thickness before glue-up? Or is this done as a single pour, stacking as you go?(that doesn't sound like the fun way to do this.

I cut them to size and then glue them.

mharvey

Very nice...I am in the military...and that would be a great gife to hand out...how did you get the colors so perfect....I have Soldiers in Afghanistan, Iraq...with Bronze Stars....this would be a solid idea....

Top Bottom