Mighty Pretty wood....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Warren White

.... even if I do say so myself. However, to be honest, I had nothing to do with the purchase, and very little to do with the turning.

A good friend of mine (that I gave a pen to some time ago) expressed interest in watching a pen get turned. He came over and we turned a Slimline for him. I made another for his wife. His wife suggested we turn one for her father who will turn 91 this June. He contacted Craft Supplies USA and ordered a Cigar Pen kit, and bought a stabilized Koa Burl blank online. Another friend of ours had a set of bushings, so we went to work.

I walked him through the turning process and only took over when we got down to the bushings. He was closely involved in prepping the blank, drilling, gluing, turning, sanding, polishing....

We only encountered one problem, the cartridge wouldn't retract as it should have. I stewed about it all night and called Craft Supplies and asked about the problem. My thought was that the spring was too weak, but the Tech said he had not encountered a problem with the spring. He asked the buyer's name. When I gave it to him, he said that the buyer had already contacted them and a new transmission was on its way. Great customer service from Craft Supplies, but that is always the case with them.

Well, when we were done, I asked if I could take a picture of the pen. I have to say it is really spectacular. I hope you like it.

Attachments

• IMG_0057.jpg
    IMG_0057.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 210
Top Bottom