Might have gotten a deal...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NT_2112

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 1.12.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 1.12.38 PM.png

Link to specs: https://amzn.to/3dSEpVA

Over 600 pounds shipped for free via Prime. :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I would seriously look at this as a scam. Check web site address and all that if you are going to try it.

jttheclockman

Well considering that Amazon charged my account, it's probably Amazon.com.
What did you buy and for how much?? What did they charge you card for and did you check with your credit card company?? I go to Amazon site and both items are for the higher price. Nowhere do I see those low prices.

Last edited:

NT_2112

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 11.08.55 AM.png

Shipping update.

My friends and I wrote some tools that monitors items on amazon and alerts us if prices drop.

This won't be the 1st big ticket item I've snagged from Amazon. :cool:

TonyL

Enjoy! Camel, Camel, Camel is great for price alerts. I know there are other alert tools out there.

jttheclockman

Call me stupid but you are not answering my question but you keep showing things. What did you buy at what price? Did you get the lathe for $500 or did you get $500 off the lathe?? The same for dust collector what is the deal? We all like deals so pass it around. Again simple questions.

Tony maybe you understand what is going on being you posted to this. What is the story??

NT_2112

Call me stupid but you are not answering my question but you keep showing things. What did you buy at what price? Did you get the lathe for $500 or did you get $500 off the lathe?? The same for dust collector what is the deal? We all like deals so pass it around. Again simple questions.

Tony maybe you understand what is going on being you posted to this. What is the story??
Sorry, thought it was obvious. The price I paid is in red. For the Lathe it was $500.78. The other photo shows the current listing for the lathe AFTER I bought it. When you buy something from Amazon and return to the same page later, it shows you a message at the top of the listing and tells you the last time you bought that item.

Immediately after I bought the lathe, the price jumped back up to normal.

So, that deal is dead.

Here's one I've been tracking that is still alive. https://amzn.to/2JC3OVs
It's a "Pro Series by HHIP 3900-8022 3-Jaw Type D1 Direct Mount Self Centering Scroll Lathe Chuck, 10" Diameter".

I could be wrong but these seem to go for over $1k.

Usually these are one off items that have been sitting in inventory for a while so the price drops until someone buys one.

Hope that helps.

jttheclockman

It is not obvious because I never heard of this. $500 for that lathe you should have bought 10 of them, :) That is unbeliveable. hey if you got it then go play the lottery who knows you maybe on a lucky streak. I am going to look for these deals for rolls of toilet paper.

NT_2112

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 4.41.06 PM.png

Yep. This is screenshot from my order page today.

My friend ordered one at the same time I did. His arrived yesterday.

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 4.49.28 PM.png

Basically I have a set of scripts that track items on Amazon and alert me when prices drop. This is the best deal I've gotten so far. Due to the way the Amazon pricing engine works, the price usually jumps back up after an item is purchased.

If there is interest, I can post future deals here. The way I track them it's stuff you will never see on deal sites.

NT_2112

I'm well aware. We only track items being sold and fulfilled by Amazon NOT 3rd parties.

The Amazon pricing algorithm does strange things after items have been sitting around for a while.

KenB259

Anything I buy online with a tracking number is about twenty characters long, the one marked over is very short. Doesn't look valid to me. Let's just say I'm skeptical.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

henry1164

Anything I buy online with a tracking number is about twenty characters long, the one marked over is very short. Doesn't look valid to me. Let's just say I'm skeptical.

Let me help with your skepticism....the lathe was delivered to my house/garage (I'm holding it for him as he is in the process of selling his house). When we opened the box it contained the new parts and pieces for a Powermatic PM2020. I have not seen his credit card billing but I believe the info he's presented earlier in this thread regarding the price he paid. Also, he has gotten me several deals at huge percentages off of retail pricing with the software he wrote that tracks Amazon Warehouse items. The lathe deal.....it's real!!!

henry1164

Let me help with your skepticism....the lathe was delivered to my house/garage (I'm holding it for him as he is in the process of selling his house). When we opened the box it contained the new parts and pieces for a Powermatic PM2020. I have not seen his credit card billing but I believe the info he's presented earlier in this thread regarding the price he paid. Also, he has gotten me several deals at huge percentages off of retail pricing with the software he wrote that tracks Amazon Warehouse items. The lathe deal.....it's real!!!

JimB

I'm going to say this is legit. I don't know the poster but I live about 20 minutes from the town he is in. That trucking company is the same one that delivered my PM 3520B 2-1/2 years ago. The big Over The Road guys give it to that company locally for lift gate delivery. The little bit of snow on the ground is also the weather we had this morning.

henry1164

I'm going to say this is legit. I don't know the poster but I live about 20 minutes from the town he is in. That trucking company is the same one that delivered my PM 3520B 2-1/2 years ago. The big Over The Road guys give it to that company locally for lift gate delivery. The little bit of snow on the ground is also the weather we had this morning.
Jim - I'll give you my address and you can see it live! When we get to the set up phase I'll invite you to help. Thanks

JimB

Hey Jim. We're also members at the Rochester Maker Space.
I've never been to the Maker Space but I am the treasurer for the Finger Lakes Woodturners. We have 116 members in the Rochester area. We have our monthly meetings on the 3rd Thursday of the month. With the current Covid19 restrictions we are doing our meeting on line with live demos. Last month was a thin wall bowl with an ogee shape. I'm not sure yet what this months meeting will be but we will have a live online demo for our members.

JimB

I would love to see it live. I've seen many different lathes since I am the Treasurer of the Finger Lakes Woodturners But I have never seen a PM2020. If social distancing is over when you are ready to set it up I would be happy to come and help.

jttheclockman

Hey if that is legit and then you scored big time. You could not get a used one for that price. Great. get it set up and lets see some stuff.

Top Bottom