Micro mesh

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Phixius

Looking for the most economical place for micro mesh. The local woodcraft/rockler distributors where asking for one arm, half a leg, and 3 toes from other...

Thank you

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eharri446

Buy the 3X4 inch pads and cut them into 4 pieces. Cost of the larger pads is not that much extra, however, you get 4 sets of pads instead on one.

The small pads cost $15.99, while the large set costs $27.99. If you divide that by 4, each set of pads costs $6.99 a set.

Last edited:

Jarod888

Buy the 3X4 inch pads and cut them into 4 pieces. Cost of the larger pads is not that much extra, however, you get 4 sets of pads instead on one.

The small pads cost $15.99, while the large set costs $27.99. If you divide that by 4, each set of pads costs $6.99 a set.
This is exactly what I do. The 3x4 pads, cut into quarters are the most economical solution. Sometimes I even round off a couple of the corners on the cut pieces for a more refined look.

DJBPenmaker

I mostly do CA finish or Acrylic and only use wet and dry from 400 to 1200 and use it mostly dry, then plastic polishes. Great results and very very economical.

PreacherJon

I've not bought any for a while. I've bought two sets in the last 12 years or so. I only use them for pens... and seem to last a very long time. I use the 3x5 soft pads. (although I did buy a full set for my orbital sander for cast iron restoration). The last time I bought them they were pretty inexpensive through a Violin Maker Supply Company... don't remember which one. But they had micro mesh in just about every form possible.

Top Bottom