Micro mesh storage

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I do not make alot of pens so mine last for years as well. Very easy to tell when they have seen the best of times and need replacing. Mine sit on the lathe table and when needed just put water in a container and have at it.

egnald

Like many others, I keep mine in a little plastic box, just add water and one or two drops of Cascade Rinse Agent as a sanding lubricant. I find that mine last a long time. Usually I have the adhesive between the MicroMesh and the foam pad fail before there is any problem with the grit. Here is link to an awfully verbose post about the subject from August of last year. - Dave

Fine Engineer

Has anybody tried using photo wetting agent (i.e. Photoflo from Kodak) with micromesh pads? Since it is formulated to not leave any residue I was wondering if it would be a good product to use.

egnald

Has anybody tried using photo wetting agent (i.e. Photoflo from Kodak) with micromesh pads? Since it is formulated to not leave any residue I was wondering if it would be a good product to use.
I would be using Photo-Flo if I still had some or if I had a local supplier for it. I currently use Cascade rinse agent which is a nonionic surfactant which is less effective than anionic surfactants but are less likely to form a soap scum in our hard water. Photo-Flo is a combination of anionic and nonionic surfactants designed especially to dewet and prevent water spots so I would think it would be just great. - Dave

EricRN

Here's the picture. Not much to it! As I'm using it more, just need to make sure you wipe up any water. Don't want it rusting out the lather.

Attachments

• 742A95A9-D163-4A04-BEF0-A99CAB2DDDF4.jpeg
    742A95A9-D163-4A04-BEF0-A99CAB2DDDF4.jpeg
    361.6 KB · Views: 79
Top Bottom