Micro Mesh Holders With Water Tray

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lee58

I have seen several adds for the micro mesh pad storage rack with a built in water tray. My concern is wouldn't it cross contaminate the pads rinsing them in the same water? I would think the course material from the coarse grits would embed in the finer grit pads causing an issue not to mention being a hassle to change the water in the tray after each pad use or am I way off base with this?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tomas

I have been storing my MM pads altogether in water in a 16 oz plastic container. I change the water when it starts to get cloudy.
Tomas

eharri446

i use a spray bottle and spray each pad when I am ready to use it. I have one of the early prototypes of the new holder that Woodcraft is selling which was given to me by the developer of the holder. I use it to hold the pads only. The new ones come with two magnets which can be used to hold the holder on the lathe so that the pads are easy to get to.

FGarbrecht

I use a 3d printed tray to store them dry and in order. I spray each one like @eharri446 with water bottle immediately before use.

FGarbrecht

Care to share the .stl?

jttheclockman

Been dipping pads and rinsing off in same tub for years. When cloudy just replace water. More important things to worry about than that. :)

LouCee

I have seen several adds for the micro mesh pad storage rack with a built in water tray. My concern is wouldn't it cross contaminate the pads rinsing them in the same water? I would think the course material from the coarse grits would embed in the finer grit pads causing an issue not to mention being a hassle to change the water in the tray after each pad use or am I way off base with this?

I do not use the the same water to rinse MM pads. The holder isn't a bad idea but I would not use the water tray. Like others have mentioned I use a spray bottle to rinse them off. I hold them over a container to spray them before using, and after to clean them off.

aldjmc

Thank you! I searched Thingiverse for Micromesh Tray, and got nothing!

Lee58

Thanks all for the information! I too use a spray bottle and rinse each pad separately after each use and use Dawn dish soap to clean them. Again Thanks!

Top Bottom