Micro Lux 7x16 Lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chief TomaToe

Well it turns out Santa dropped by the shop a bit early this year! I had posted earlier about my intent to purchase a new lathe, but was a bit indecisive concerning which one to buy. All of your comments truly assisted me in my quest. A very generous member here was kind enough to forward on a discount code for MicroMark.

With that development, I was stuck between the Micro Lux lathe from Micro Mark, and the SIEG C3 from Little Machine Shop. Of course, the Micro Lux has better performance, but that is reflected in the price. Interestingly enough, with the discount code and the difference in freight cost ($115 more at Little Machine Shop), there was a hardly a difference in price.

Unfortunately I ordered the wrong quick change tool post for the lathe, as it's a bit hard to differentiate between the Micro and mini lathe tooling. Other than that, I'm very pleased with my purchase.

I'm excited to get to work!
5fbce2e82ffbce924aa9b99ef6cac11d.jpg

1a33468d96dd97e5412dbfb89d0837e4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1shootist

Great lathe...congratulations !

Another company for the tools part, Qctp etc. is Shars.com. They have a web store and I believe still sell on ebay.

Top Bottom