Michael Broberg's Blanks on a Professor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TonyL

TonyL

I hope I did this first one justice. Turned easily and polished very well. 2 coats of Mercury Flex thin and 8 coats of medium. I followed JT's advice and used gloves (nitrile I think, not sure what form on "plastic" he suggested) to apply the CA. I never had much success with the little bags like others do, but this worked out very well. I found I wasted less (but none being absorbed in the paper towel and I was able to apply a smoother (less textured) layer of CA which made it easier to sand. I did paint the inside of the barrel dark green.

Anyway...here are two pics:
Green Mixed Material side front.jpgGreen Mixed Material side professor.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Looks Great Tony! Of course, all of your pens look great. Very nice job on the finish.

jjjaworski

Very nice looking pen Tony. I have been thinking of trying some of those kits.
Maybe once I get a handle on organizing my pen making supplies and organizing things I may give them a try.

goldendj

I hope I did this first one justice. Turned easily and polished very well. 2 coats of Mercury Flex thin and 8 coats of medium. I followed JT's advice and used gloves (nitrile I think, not sure what form on "plastic" he suggested) to apply the CA. I never had much success with the little bags like others do, but this worked out very well. I found I wasted less (but none being absorbed in the paper towel and I was able to apply a smoother (less textured) layer of CA which made it easier to sand. I did paint the inside of the barrel dark green.

Anyway...here are two pics:
View attachment 239137View attachment 239138
Nice--could you clarify what you mean about using plastic vs paper towels? I tried using one of the umpteen tiny parts bags to apply CA instead of my usual Bounty, and it did a horrible, bumpy job ...

Top Bottom