Micarta from USMC Fatigues

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

This is the first pen I've made from Micarta. I got the blank from Ken Frisbe over on FB and it makes a very cool-looking pen. The Micarta is made from USMC Fatigue uniforms which makes it that much more special to me as a former Marine. I matched it with a Zen pen with a Gun Metal finish.

Attachments

• USMC Micarta Zen.JPG
    USMC Micarta Zen.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 169
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jay

This is the first pen I've made from Micarta. I got the blank from Ken Frisbe over on FB and it makes a very cool-looking pen. The Micarta is made from USMC Fatigue uniforms which makes it that much more special to me as a former Marine. I matched it with a Zen pen with a Gun Metal finish.
Semper Fi. Once a Marine always a Marine.
Jay

Sataro

Wow! That is a cool blank. Sorry not a Marine, but USAF MP. Wore fatigues like that many days while serving 4 years in Okinawa. Hate to be a copy cat but would enjoy making a pen just like that.

Jim Smith

Wow! That is a cool blank. Sorry not a Marine, but USAF MP. Wore fatigues like that many days while serving 4 years in Okinawa. Hate to be a copy cat but would enjoy making a pen just like that.
It really makes a terrific looking pen with an interesting back story. If you are on FB, look up Ken Frisbie. He may have some he made with USAF fatigues as well.

Top Bottom