Metal Band Saws

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wasatch

Have any of you seen or used one of these? If so, I'd like to know how good it works. Looks like a smart idea. The table is from Swag Offroad. I have limited space and don't need a full size metal band saw.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

Just a thought........

I have a similar hand held metal cutting band saw I picked up at Harbor Freight and use it a LOT.......BUT....... everything I have cut to date, mostly rod stock, is held in a bench mounted vice.

So, if you already have a bench mounted vice, you might consider just getting a saw without the little table and I hold the saw in my hands, works great!

If you're just setting up your shop and don't have one yet, a small table mounted vice would be a lot more useful for all around shop use than that specialized little table.

Timebandit

Thats interesting, ive never seen one of those. If you already have the portaband, then i think this would be great and should take up very little space, I used to use these saws when i worked with my dad and they are a great tool to have. Can cut small and large diameter material with it with relative ease. Not sure how well the blade would flex if you were trying to do curved cuts, id be worried about the blade coming off of the guides, but it should work great for straight cuts.

Haynie

Sure looks like a good idea in need of improvement. I really like the portable saws and this table, beefed up with a clamp might make for a really handy item for small straight cut work.

frank123

Just a thought........

I have a similar hand held metal cutting band saw I picked up at Harbor Freight and use it a LOT.......BUT....... everything I have cut to date, mostly rod stock, is held in a bench mounted vice.

So, if you already have a bench mounted vice, you might consider just getting a saw without the little table and I hold the saw in my hands, works great!

If you're just setting up your shop and don't have one yet, a small table mounted vice would be a lot more useful for all around shop use than that specialized little table.

Same here.

Something I did was to glue a little level on the saw to help keep it perfectly right angled to the stock I'm cutting. It really cuts down on cleaning up the waste on angled ends after sawing (you can get almost perfect right angle cutting). Admittedly, this is a compensation for my lack of skill at using it, but it works for me.

The picture of that table top attached to one gives me ideas. Shouldn't be very hard to fabricate one for the saw I have.

Top Bottom