Mesquite Burl - modified Trimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from thomgarner

thomgarner

I read up on some resources and found some articles on modifying slimlines and tried it on a piece of mesquite burl ... I made a few design cuttings. I was encourage by some to venture out and make changes in the look so here is one attempt on a modified Trimline ... hope you like it.

Timeline modified mesquite burl 1 (1).JPG Timeline modified mesquite burl 1 (2).JPG Timeline modified mesquite burl 1 (3).JPG Timeline modified mesquite burl 1 (4).JPG Timeline modified mesquite burl 1 (5).JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Excellent pen Thom. That mesquite burl looks exactly like the same grain pattern in one I made/still use. Its still a favorite wood.

Great modifications. Well done.

magpens

Excellent looking pen, Tom !! . Very well done indeed !!!

Are the mods required for a Trimline (to make it single barrel) much the same as for a slimline ? . I think the answer is yes ... just checking.

I have done the mods on quite a few slimlines but never a Trimline ... yet !

its_virgil

Excellent looking pen, Tom !! . Very well done indeed !!!

Are the mods required for a Trimline (to make it single barrel) much the same as for a slimline ? . I think the answer is yes ... just checking.

I have done the mods on quite a few slimlines but never a Trimline ... yet !

Trimline is just a slimline with a larger diameter centerband and a different clip. I make a lot of different modified slimlines (20 or more) and the trimline is my favorite 7mm kit to use. The comfort is #2.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

RJBWoodturner

I read up on some resources and found some articles on modifying slimlines and tried it on a piece of mesquite burl ... I made a few design cuttings. I was encourage by some to venture out and make changes in the look so here is one attempt on a modified Trimline ... hope you like it.

View attachment 223558 View attachment 223559 View attachment 223560 View attachment 223561 View attachment 223562
Hello Thom,
That pen is a real beauty. Excellent work and design.

Regards,
Bob

Top Bottom