Merry Christmas - Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Valleyboy

Valleyboy

Hi all

I admit I woke up feeling somewhat festive this morning so decided that it was going to be a sparkles kinda day and this purple glittery pen is the result. I very rarely make anything that shimmers like this but I actually like it more than I thought I would. I did consider keeping it just to see the look on my friends' faces if I ever took it out of my pocket in front of them.

It's a kirinte stardust blank and is made from acrylic with glitter particles. I've always been a fan of Kirinite and, to any budding pen makers, I always recommend their blanks because they are cheap, thread and cut beautifully and shine to a stunning finish.

The pen has 13mm cap threads and measures 144mm closed and is around 15mm wide on the barrel. Sterling silver is cut from sheet to make the accent rings and the cabochon (coin in the cap) is cast in silver by a local company based on my own logo design. The clip is bought and is chrome plated steel.

I think this may be my last posting on here before the holiday season begins, so Ill take the opportunity yo wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. After the last couple of years I remain ever optimistic that 2023 will reveal a horizon full of sunlit uplands ahead... 🤞

Cheers
Ash

IMG_6838.jpegIMG_6843.jpegIMG_6845.jpegIMG_6848.jpegIMG_6845.jpegIMG_6836.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I like that combo. What is the other purple blank and where can you get both from. I have a sister that loves the color purple and would like to make her something.

Valleyboy

I like that combo. What is the other purple blank and where can you get both from. I have a sister that loves the color purple and would like to make her something.
Thanks - and the purple ends are also kirinite. They have three styles of blank: pearl, stardust and ice and here I've used the purple stardust and the lavender pearl. I'm *fairly* sure you can get these in the US. If not I get mine in the UK from the turners workshop and also Beaufort ink. They both do ship internationally.

Dieseldoc

John: Ed at. Exotic blanks carries Kinnite blanks. I have used them several times, very easy to work with and polish up great.

Dieseldoc

Ash: WOW what a great set of pens you have been showing. Really like the use of Kinnite in pen making. I have used so me in past pens and look forward to more usage. Have found local US source at Exotic Blacks for Kinnite blanks, Exotic blanks.

Have a Merry Christmas and New Year.

jttheclockman

Thanks - and the purple ends are also kirinite. They have three styles of blank: pearl, stardust and ice and here I've used the purple stardust and the lavender pearl. I'm *fairly* sure you can get these in the US. If not I get mine in the UK from the turners workshop and also Beaufort ink. They both do ship internationally.
Now you did it. Just what I need more darn pen blanks. Just visited Exotics and they carry this pen blank stuff so now I have to spend more money.

jttheclockman

John: Ed at. Exotic blanks carries Kinnite blanks. I have used them several times, very easy to work with and polish up great.
Thanks Charlie. You know I wrote my response yesterday but never hit send and when I saw your post got me thinking I went there already. :) I looked for my reply and then noticed my mistake. Man this age thing is not working out well. o_O I am going to have to try some.

Valleyboy

Now you did it. Just what I need more darn pen blanks. Just visited Exotics and they carry this pen blank stuff so now I have to spend more money.
Tell me about it.
I already knew I had a problem and then, for the first time ever, instead of getting me socks for Christmas my wife asked what blanks I wanted. 😊😊

Valleyboy

Ash: WOW what a great set of pens you have been showing. Really like the use of Kinnite in pen making. I have used so me in past pens and look forward to more usage. Have found local US source at Exotic Blacks for Kinnite blanks, Exotic blanks.

Have a Merry Christmas and New Year.
Thanks Charlie and yes I am also a big fan of kirinite for exactly the reasons you say. I love it.

Seasons greetings!

Cheers
Ash

Kcimdrib

Great looking Pen first class work. Don't get it out in the Rugby Club.
Merry Christmas.

Top Bottom