Cheer Mercury Adhesives

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I heard back from the owner (Eric) today. He insisted that I allow him to make me whole. I actually only wanted my questions answered about shelf-life, but he didn't do know what to do first for me. Super vendor and an excellent line of products. I was very impressed. I know that many of our beloved suppliers also sell their products. BTW, the shelf-life is around 18 months (according Eric).

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Store in the freezer and shelf life should be longer.
I bought a lot when one of the vendors was going out of business. Then I bought and won some gluboost. A few months ago, I want to use up the MA (I like the product). What Eric explained to me about the flex line is the "rubber-like" component in it slightly shortens the shelf-life (18 to 24 months is still pretty good!).

Lucky2

John, storing the CA in the freezer doesn't always work, I lost three or four bottles of it. Not all at one time, and not always the same consistency. One time I had a bottle of thick go bad, and another time I lost two bottles of thin. None of them had ever been used, they were my spare bottles. Once I open a bottle of CA to start using it, I store it in the refrigerator. I've only ever used two brands of CA, Starbond and E-Z Bond. I have a bottle of med E-Z bond that is over three years old, and it is still good to use. CA glue is the only finish that I've ever used as a finish, I've always had good luck with it.

Len

jttheclockman

Len I guess not all CA is equal. I use Satellite City and on their web site they even say to store in freezer. I have been doing this for years and never had a problem and in fact just pulled one out about 3 weeks ago and was in the freezer for 3 years. I put it in the fridge to defrost and then to room temp. I love Satellite City glues. Not telling anyone to use them buy them or come near them. just my point of use. I find no real need for flex CA as a finish. Any woods I use are mostly exotics of stable woods such as maple or walnut, or holly. For gluing tubes in always used epoxy and has worked for me. I do not make thousands of pens but have made a couple hundred and so far never a complaint or failure that I know of. Everyone's mileage may vary as they say.

Top Bottom