Memorial Day Pen 2020

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from magpens

magpens

Today is Memorial Day in the USA, a day of special significance to US citizens and patriots, a day filled with a variety of memories of all kinds.
Because the USA is very special country to more than just its own citizens, there are many others who like to pay tribute on Memorial Day.

This pen is intended to convey my strong positive feelings for the USA as a country and the neighbor of my own country.
I want this pen to symbolize the strong and very positive relationships, at all levels, between our two countries.

The pen uses a Kallenshaan blank kit consisting of some 70 pieces which had been laser-cut and which I then reassembled like a 3-D puzzle.
You can find the blank kit at their website here: ... http://www.kallenshaanwoods.com/product/INL001-SS-BA.html ...

I like puzzles, so doing the assembly of the blank was a lot of fun.
The assembled blank was held together with CA, turned, then coated with many layers of CA, sanded and polished.

The pen is based on the PSI 30 Caliber Bolt Action pen kit. . This of course represents a firearm, but let's not focus on that or its implications.

Let's focus on the blank which represents the Flag of The United States of America ... The Stars and Stripes ... the symbol of the world's Greatest Country,
The Country to which many other countries owe a debt of gratitude and praise for all sorts of reasons including medical, cultural and scientific leadership.

The photography is not great (one of my ongoing challenges) but I hope you will nevertheless accept this thread as my way to honor Memorial Day.

IMG_1449CR.jpg
IMG_1451CR.jpg
IMG_1454CR.jpg
IMG_1454CR.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Mal, a great pen with a great sentiment. I know that those that gave their lives in war would appreciate it very much. It's nice knowing how well our two countries get along, that's a testament to our citizens.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Beautiful work Mal. I have one of those kits, but have hesitated to construct it yet. Too many itty bitty pieces for me šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£.

A lovely pen and kind comments as well.

Take care.

Kenny Durrant

Nice job on the pen and Thanks for the story as well. The world is changing as well for the individual countries. I worry about the problems we have here and then I hear about issues with others. Not too sure what to think about it at times then you hear about the unrest in countries and it makes you feel thankful I'm where I am. Great Job and Take Care.

Larryreitz

Exceptional pen and outstanding prose. Thanks for posting and I hope everyone who takes the time to read it will appreciate your words.

FrankH

Great looking pen; I also appreciate your sentiments. The USA is indeed fortunate to have Canada as a next door neighbor.

Top Bottom