Memorial Day 2019 Quintuplets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WarEagle90

WarEagle90

Made a few pens over the long weekend. Our Probate judge saw my cigar/olivewood pen at a church social last weekend and asked me to make him a couple similar pens and a skinny version too. He wanted them in an antique brass finish. The cigar was no problem, but the only slim pen I could find in that finish was a saturn. So he is getting two cigars and a saturn. While I was in a production mode, I also made a Big Ben cigar and a sierra vista. The three for the judge are all wearing olivewood and the Big Ben is dressed in Asian ironwood burl while the vista is in one of the white oak bourbon blanks I received from Cliff Wing in our PITH exchange. I think they all turned out well, but the white oak blank ended up to be my favorite. It really fit the gunmetal and gold vista well. I think the photos are self explanatory, but if anyone has any questions, fire away. Thanks for taking a look. Memorial Day 2019 Quints .jpgMemorial Day 2019 Quints 1.jpgMemorial Day 2019 Quints 2.jpgMemorial Day 2019 Quints 3.jpgMemorial Day 2019 Quints 4.jpgMemorial Day 2019 Quints 5.jpgMemorial Day 2019 Quints 6A.jpgMemorial Day 2019 Quints 6B.jpgMemorial Day 2019 Quints 8.jpgMemorial Day 2019 Quints 7.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Congrats on having quints! My but those are nice. The grain on several of them are exceptional. Gotta love nice olivewood.

Well done and thanks for sharing.

John Eldeen

Nice set of pens. The olive wood has a beautiful high contrast grian but I do love the more subtle gain and pins of oak. Well done.

WarEagle90

Thanks everyone for the kind feedback. I'm really enjoying making pens and I've learned most of it from the folks on this site. Not necessarily from asking questions, but listening (reading) when the experts are speaking.

OZturner

Beautiful Display of Pens Dan
Great Choice of Hardware.
Beautifully Matched to the Blanks,
Precisely Turned, and Fitted, Spectacularly Finished.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom