meeting ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
We do not have as many vendors as I would like. I've reached out to Ed and Dawn, but they are very non-committal. They have not even made a prize donation, which I think is out of character for them.

I reached out to Roy and Jon David Jones, no response.

Several postings in CC but minimal response.

Argo13

Other challenges are we have a little over $400 from registration both vendor and attendee. With a raffle for some of the big prizes I think we will eventually raise the money but right now I think we are lower than I would have expected.

We are getting a lot from Ohio but not a great turn out from our neighboring states. We do have travelers from coming a large distancefrom GA, Maine, NH.
:biggrin:
Jason

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I also am good for a meeting. If a central location is bette, I also can host - or we meet for dinner somewhere.

At the FLGAPG, Jon David indicated he was still planning to go, unless something came up.

I hoped I talked Mike Allen to come as he had PR blanks for $3.00 and the looked good.

I also approached ElMostro about sending some blanks and I would monitor a table for him - I will PM him.

I am trying to make 50-75 segmented blanks, and if they look good enough I will also set up a small table.

Go ahead and set a location/time to meet. They we can plan for it.

Magic: The only response I have gotten for needed supplies is a video linkup. I'll ask again.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Rich Coers also canceled. Soon after we set the location I offered to pay for his hotel room just to thank him for his running the event for so many years. He accepted and seemed enthusiastic, but last week he canceled.i was hoping he'd bring his usual wood stash for sale.

I do not expect that Exotics will come. I think they prefer an event where they are the only large vendor. I don't know who is coming to MPG which would be their competition. I have a feeling that Ed may put together a pen gathering in the Chicago area sometime later in the year.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I just got the OK from ElMostro that he loved the idea of sending me 1-2 MFRB (250 blanks each) and I will set up a table and monitor it.

I also sent a message to Exotics to make sure they were OK with this, as I would not want them to decide at the last minute to attend and also be selling Mutt blanks.

So... I believe we will have at least a nice table of Alumilite blanks.

And on Facebook, Mike Allen sounds like he is definately attending - he had a nice assortment of PR blank.

(FYI: I'm not taking any cut of Eugene's sales - I told him I would not accept anything even if he offered. I just was hoping to add his blanks to the sales).

Argo13

vendors so far

Custom cast blanks (Tom Bell)
Woodwrite Pens (taco sleaze- Kyle Leuszler)
Cannon Pens (the wishman- Chris Cannon)
Fountain Pen International (Jody Svete-Gerard and John dimacchia) I believe they make some high end leather cases.

Those are the 4 that registered.
Others:
Magic Bob
Hartville
Curtis
El mostro

And Mark. Your pen blanks are great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 70

Magicbob