Meeting days/times

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

I'm going to bump this out as it's own topic as I'm not sure it was seen in the thread below.

Are you planning to always meet on a weekday? Has there been any thought given to a Saturday or Sunday afternoon?

Unfortunately with kids in various activities and sports, weekday evenings are out for me. I'd be happy to participate and lead/demo/host as needed if the schedule allows but weekdays are just not possible.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

That's a good question, Carl. The initial response I got from those interested was that a weeknight was good. However, since then the membership (at least on paper) has grown and it stands to reason that we revisit the meeting days and times. I will ask at the upcoming meeting if a Saturday or Sunday would work.

If it does, what are you thinking? Sat morning or afternoon; Sunday afternoon or evening?

If we do move to a weekend schedule we may have to find another venue (not sure, but always a possibility). Woodcraft is out on the weekends. Do you have any thoughts on another possible venue?

jpw

Carl Fisher

Looks like right now you/we are meeting at another members house. I have no problem rotating through and hosting however many can fit in the garage. As for a commercial location, I do not have any suggestions.

As for when on the weekends, personally I'm flexible. A neat suggestion would be to do later in the afternoon and have everyone chip in a bit and BBQ after. Just a thought.

How many people on paper right now have expressed interest?

Carl Fisher

Probably a bit too big of a big group if everyone were to show at any given turners house. There has to be some sort of facility that can host us once a month. A good source of power, a mini-lathe and a shop vac to clean up would allow us to go just about anywhere.

walshjp17

I agree. Even Jim Hoechstetter's shop might be pushed to host 22 people although it is quite large. I suspect, however, we will not have a full house every time.

I have a small Jet 1014 that I acquired for just this purpose and a shop vac, although mine is not all that good (ejects almost as much dust as it collects :mad:).

I'll check with the folks at the next meeting to find out if they know of a facility we could get and find out how many would be able to attend on weekends.

Carl Fisher

Don't change it on my account obviously if the rest of the group is fine with week days. I still plan to continue going down to Columbia as well for the monthly meeting down there when the schedule permits.

Just hate the idea of missing one right down the street from my house.

Top Bottom