Medium Flat Rate Priority Box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

USPS says it was delivered....but it never got there. Has been 1.5 weeks. In same state ...Florida to Florida. First time this happened. Either it was crooked, lost or self destructed. Has anyone shipped or ordered by Priority and eventually got it. Or after X amount of time write it off?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithbyrd

Have never lost one - have had some SLOW ones but all have eventually shown up! its insured - after 30 days you can file a claim. I know that doesn't replace the contents of the box but you can get some dollars back.

grpass

USPS says it was delivered....but it never got there. Has been 1.5 weeks. In same state ...Florida to Florida. First time this happened. Either it was crooked, lost or self destructed. Has anyone shipped or ordered by Priority and eventually got it. Or after X amount of time write it off?
It is also automatically insured. Look into filing a claim.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
AS SOON AS you see the post office said it is delivered, contact your local post office or postal carrier and ask WHERE they delivered it.

The sooner you ask, the better the chance they can FIX it.

boatemp

Had one gone missing. Good thing sender had insurance. He did lose the merch. Package is still in transit since middle of Dec.

WriteON

Do I contact PO in person or use the online form. What I lost is the cost of shipping a medium flat rate box and the time it took to make a gift for person that serviced my pool table. I sent a pen holder for a pen I gave him. Not sure if I'm going to file a claim. Might simply make it again.

Attachments

• 0F89B346-86CE-45D0-A151-62A8A3ED5F17.jpeg
    0F89B346-86CE-45D0-A151-62A8A3ED5F17.jpeg
    309.6 KB · Views: 92

monophoto

There are several possibilities here - the most likely is that the package was delivered to the wrong address (although you would think that the recipient would have raised the alarm). In some areas, porch pirates are a risk. If they reported it delivered, it's unlikely that its still in the USPS system, but it never hurts to check. Definitely should file a claim with the PO if for no other reason than to make sure that this instance is included in their 'whoops' statistics.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Not USPS but Amazon and UPS: LOML sent a small present to two of her sisters (different states) from Amazon this past Christmas. One sister got hers, the other did not. LOML checked and both showed delivered. Second sister was home all day on the day that it was said to have be delivered. LOML called Amazon. They also said it was delivered. They asked LOML to have her sister check with her neighbors, which her sister had already done. No package. Then two days later she received a note from Amazon. The package had been damaged and UPS did NOT deliver it, but decided to return it on their own/or notify Amazon. This took 10 days for UPS to notify Amazon.

So, it did show as delivered by UPS and Amazon when it was in fact not delivered. It took 10 days before UPS to get notification to Amazon before LOML was notified. (It was over Christmas, so that is probably the reason it took the 10 days.) Strange things do happen.

penicillin

The USPS has GPS data with the precise location that a delivered package was scanned by the postal carrier at the time of delivery. That GPS data is accurate to within a few feet in our neighborhood. In our most recent case, I could tell that the postal carrier scanned a missing package as they got out of the truck in front of a neighbor's house, before walking ~20 feet and dropping the package at their front door. (The misdelivered package arrived with a pile of other packages for the neighbor that day. The neighbor had not opened the packages and did not notice that my package was in the mix.)

You should call USPS with the tracking number. Be prepared to wait on hold. Explain that the package is listed as delivered, but you never received it, and would like to know the GPS coordinates of the delivery. They should have the information you need. If they give you the coordinates, you can look them up in Google Maps. They may give you the address instead. They may not give you any information; they may insist on initiating a trace or whatever they call it. Try "sweet talking" the USPS support person (we usually call it "social engineering"). They may reveal the address or GPS coordinates where the package was delivered. Talk with your postal carrier - they may be able to help, too.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Frank can not help much with package thing because my thoughts were already covered by others. I have had both packages never make it to house even though said delivered and also delivered to neighbors. We here in this town sort of expect wrong deliveries and just forward them. We change carriers so many times per year.

I do say though I love the pen holder with the billiard ball and also the bridge holder for base. Nice idea. It could lead to so many ideas for pen stands.

WriteON

Update. Receiver just got a "1st attempt"notice and will be back tomorrow. Funny.. priority from
Fl to Pa takes 3-5 days. Priority Fl to Fl over 2 weeks.

WriteON

Finally got it. Recipient traveled 8 hours with 2.5 hours labor to recover my new pool table. He plays/organizes a pool league.
A Marine Vet. Served in Afghanistan...I sent this as an extra thank you. He enjoyed getting it. I'm thrilled it got there despite the delay. The One Ball was chucked on a Jet 1221 in the drill chuck. I manage to get it secured and felt safe enough to drill out. I have done this before for my pool buddies. Makes a nice gift. Balls are from a cheap set. The bridge head was $1.00 but not available for now.

Attachments

• 1644210968397.jpeg
    1644210968397.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Top Bottom