Mechanical Pentel Twist Erase Conversion?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

underdog

Anyone ever do a Pentel Twist Erase Conversion?
Or would it be just like the Pentel P200 conversion?

I've just started using the .7mm twist erase pencils, and have enjoyed them for everyday use. But I keep losing them because someone likes 'em better than I do. So I wanna dress a couple up, so it's obvious that it's MY pencil.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Please post a picture ... that should attract attention !

Not too many make pencils so it would be interesting to see what you have done.

Dale Parrott

I've made quite a few Pentel conversions and would love a new challenge. Jim if you would post a link of the particular pencil (Amazon preferred) I'd order a couple and give it a try. I'm going to be occupied for a couple of weeks or so it will take a little time.

underdog

Thanks for the responses guys. Sorry I didn't see them. Been preoccupied with some other serious matters.
See attached photos.
One shows the pencil mostly disassembled.
I think the collet/lead advance mechanism must be molded into the plastic barrel because I don't see a way to remove it.
Model numbers QE17 (.7mm) and QE19 (.9mm)
I just bought two pack from Office Depot/Office Max.
I'm thinking that I'll just remove the clip and turn off the block that keeps it from rotating, then turn a body to fit over both barrels, glue 'em on, and call it done.
Any feedback and suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• twopackTwistErase.jpg
    twopackTwistErase.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 146
  • Possession.jpg
    Possession.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 142
  • Disassembled.jpg
    Disassembled.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

dogcatcher

I could replace part A, but part B would have to be machined on the inside to make the twist erase mechanism work. It is threaded on the inside.

Any idea of the type of threads on the inside of part B? Is the brass looking thing what it scews onto? You might take the brass part to a real hardware store and see if nut will screw on tp those threads. Sometimes "close" will work, but unfortunately that is rare.

dogcatcher

Is part B thick enough that you could turn it down a little and use it like a brass tube inside of a wood barrel? I think that you would have to make the top barrel a little larger than it is now. But since it has the "skinny" middle already, I don't believe it would change the appearance very much.

Top Bottom