mechanical pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

isaacrapelje

Anyone have a nice finished mechanical pencil (0.7). It doesn't need to be 0.7 but that would be a bonus. I need one for a graduation gift Friday, I know late notice. Willing to purchase or trade wood. I have lots of exceptional blanks. I would turn it myself but don't think in time because of life situations.

Thanks,
Isaac

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

I have these 3 olive wood pencils, I can easily swap out whatever mechanism is in there right now for an 0.7mm if that's what you'd like. (Sorry the camera in my phone is terrible.)

Olive wood pencils.jpeg

duncsuss

Hi Isaac,

Yes, they have erasers - the mechanisms are the Pentel Sharp Mechanical Drafting Pencil with new clothes. It's the best mechanism I know of - I was an electronics design engineer back in the days before CAD/CAM software and used them all the time. Here's a snip from the Pentel site showing the eraser, refill leads, etc.
Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 6.40.37 AM.png

Duncan

duncsuss

For the wooden ones I usually get $40.

I have a huge stock of exotics and burls, but that doesn't mean I can't be tempted if you have something extraordinary šŸ˜‚ (Things I know I've got: HRB, cocobolo burl, chittum burl, lacy redwood burl, aspen burl, white oak burl, cherry burl, madrone, thuya burl, briar, carpathian elm burl, tamarind burl, red and brown mallee burls ... stuff I know I could be tempted with: desert ironwood burl, other Australian burls, and loads of other stuff I've never heard of or seen!)

Or Paypal, that always works.

Top Bottom