measuring lathe mounting holes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

So, I took my new Jet 1221 and put it on a piece of cardboard, penciled around the corners of it, then measured and marked the holes. Following that I checked the thread size. For some strange reason, I decided to open the manual. Guess what I found in it? 🤦‍♂️ 🤣

20230522_104924.jpg

20230522_103230.jpg

LOL
box-of-shame.gif

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rherrell

Templates are foolproof and easier, especially for a small 3/8" hole. I would have have made a template even if I saw the mounting diagram first.;)

randyrls

In one of my other hobbies I have to cut large parts to very accurate dimensions (think millimeter tolerance). You can make a full size template. Scan the layout or use an image of the electronic manual, or draw the dimensions with a CAD program. Then print it on a printer with "poster" settings in full size. Adobe Acrobat has this capability. Yep, my OCD is kicking up! :D

Love the thread checker. Clever design.

I recall the day I had to measure, an drill the cast iron bed on my Jet 1014 for the extension bed. It went very well. Just take your time, measure 3 times and look it over carefully before marking and drilling.

sorcerertd

Directions.....we don't need no stinking directions o_O🤪
View attachment 354168

calabrese55
Sweet, a built in rudder without using instructions!?

Always double check.
Templates are foolproof and easier, especially for a small 3/8" hole. I would have have made a template even if I saw the mounting diagram first.;)
Yeah, that's what I was thinking... Uh-huh... Thanks for making me feel better about it. ;)

Seems to me a couple of important measurements are missing. Or, what am I missing?
Don
The thread size is listed on the opposite page.

A thread checker is pretty easy to find on Amazon

Top Bottom