Meant for MAPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnGreco

JohnGreco

I had intended to enter this in the contest at MAPG but apparently my kidney stones had other plans on how I would be spending this time. So anyway here it is, black Italian Alabaster with quartz veining on black titanium with a ruthenium nib. C & C welcome, thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Black Alabaster FP 1.jpg
    Black Alabaster FP 1.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 311
  • Black Alabaster FP 2.jpg
    Black Alabaster FP 2.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 145
  • Black Alabaster FP 3.jpg
    Black Alabaster FP 3.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 164
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

Just dealt with a kidney stone a few weeks ago. FREAKING OW!!!

Nice pen. How do you keep the blank from exploding with the quartz? My Alabaster attempts have explode the instant the tool touches the quartz.

lwalper

So how do you get your metal parts to be so shiny. I've noticed that most of the kits I have are not that slick, and I hesitate to buff any of the plated ones for fear of buffing off the plating or protective coatings. Maybe I'm buying kits from the bottom drawer and need to shop a little higher in the cabinet?:confused: Even the rhodium platings seem to be a bit rough.

Last edited:

JohnGreco

Thanks folks. Alan, I'd love to pick your brain on that panel I missed, especially with some projects I have in the pipes. We'll have to grab coffee one day when our schedules allow.

So how do you get your metal parts to be so shiny. I've noticed that most of the kits I have are not that slick, and I hesitate to buff any of the plated ones for fear of buffing off the plating or protective coatings. Maybe I'm buying kits from the bottom drawer and need to shop a little higher in the cabinet?:confused: Even the rhodium platings seem to be a bit rough.

I use a jewelry polishing cloth on every surface before the pictures and edit out any dust particles it left behind.

OZturner

John, sorry to hear about your problems with that other stone, and sympathy.
As I was reading your post, I wondered if the stone under the pen was the culprit, it must have been as it has your brand on it.
Down to the less serious things, like the Pen.
I am blown away with your ability to work Stone Blanks.
The results are Incredible,
Superb Fit and Finish.
Awesome.
Brian.

Brooks803

Glad you're doing better! Sorry you couldn't make it to the event. I had brought a few alabaster blanks just in case you did though :wink::biggrin:

Top Bottom