"mea culpa"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
I don't even watch "My Name is Earl", but I do try to right wrongs on occasion. When Aaron joined the IAP and started selling pen kits I was frankly rude to him. Today I got to right that particular wrong and also got to watch an outstanding penturner at work. Aaron was kind enough to give me the address of his shop here in Honolulu and also to accept my apology for my boorish remarks.

I know that some of us, sigh including me, doubted how many pens Aaron turns out on a regular basis. This man knows how to production turn at a high volume, high quality rate! I learned a great deal about lacquer finishing just watching this one man assembly line at work.

Aaron, thanks for a nice visit, and if I can find your gallery with Mapquest, I will see you again tomorrow!

BTW, never pass up the chance to meet a fellow IAP member in person. I have met far too few members in person, but have really enjoyed those I have met.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

Huh?

I don't get it. You're changing your name to Earl??? :confused::confused:

I don't remember you being rude to Aaron. I mean, there's a whole long list of people you have been rude to but Aaron is a new one to me. :rolleyes:

On a serious note, what did Aaron think of your pink uniform??? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sorry Cav ... I just couldn't stop myself from trying to be witty.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
I don't get it. You're changing your name to Earl??? :confused::confused:

I don't remember you being rude to Aaron. I mean, there's a whole long list of people you have been rude to but Aaron is a new one to me. :rolleyes:

On a serious note, what did Aaron think of your pink uniform??? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sorry Cav ... I just couldn't stop myself from trying to be witty.

Gee Al, I hate to disappoint you, but I only wear the pink uniform for formal occasions. :wink:

fyrcaptn

kudos

Nice to see someone say such things in 'public'.
Too often not very nice things get posted and hopefully apologies are made through pm's or whatever. I know I almost left this site over some comments that were made. A wise and equally kind moderator went out of his way to remind me that everyone isn't as perfect as I "OUGHT " to be....
Good job to BOTH of you for getting past a history!
Hopefully this attitude will pervade and spread.

Daniel

Bill, that is amazing. Not only that you would make this comment. But in comparison to other internet groups, that you would even remember having done it. in other places it would have been buried under such a heap of heartless comments and lost among the endless sea of unfamiliar names that most likely you would not even remember having said it.

M

monkeynutz

Stand-up thing you did, Cav. I wish more people could do it like that. :good:

DocStram

Captain is right. It really does take a special person to stand up and admit he made a mistake ..... and then apologize in public. Cav, it was really good of you to visit Aaron in person. Thanks for sharing this story with us.

makaiolani

Thanks for the Visit and thanks for the Apology. I really appreciate a stand up guy. Now the only way you all get to know my secrets is in person. hee hee.

Top Bottom