Mazzuchelli Trio

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from philb

philb

Hi,

A nice trio of NOS Mazzuchelli cellulose.
Came out with great depth and colours, quite hard to photograph though. Trying some close-ups in next few days to see if I can pick up the colours better.
Bit tricky to drill, especially with such a long tube and with a drill that doesn't quite do it in one go! But turned and finished very nicely.

PHIL

1_CebloTrio.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Looking good Phil.

Edit: Phil, why don't you buy one of the long series drill bits from Axminster? Use the long bit as a pilot ( around 6mm ) all the way through, then use your normal bit ( 9.3mm ? ) from both ends.

Last edited:

philb

Looking good Phil.

Edit: Phil, why don't you buy one of the long series drill bits from Axminster? Use the long bit as a pilot ( around 6mm ) all the way through, then use your normal bit ( 9.3mm ? ) from both ends.

Good plan Skip, I did mean the quill rather the drill bit length though. Got round the long bit length by some Colt bits. Just the press itself doesn't have the travel, although now I've got the technique after a few of these clicks shouldn't be too bad! Good idea with the 6mm though, as those bits are much cheaper in the longer series, than buying longer series fatter bits!!

Cheers

philb

Yeh could be an option, never tried!! Always meaning to but never got round to getting the collet chuck I always planned on for this and other jobs!
That's my excuse anyway..

wizard

Those are a gorgeous set of pens !! The length of the components really show off the beauty of the Cebloplasts. I can easily imagine drilling those would be a challenge. Great job !! Perfect place for picture.... Front page.:)

Top Bottom