Mazzucchelli Blue - Sapphire

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Valleyboy

Hi all

As a follow up to may previous post here is a slightly different coloured pattern in the same Mazzucchelli Ceboplast material. This one is referred to as Sapphire Dream / Sogno Zaffiro. I found out the other day that, apparently, these are not the names that the Mazzucchelli company gave to the materials, but rather a chap in the UK who made/makes pens from them started calling them these names to help distinguish between them and they've stuck. I am happy to be corrected on this if anybody knows more.

Anyway this pen is in a stepless model that I make, meaning there is no step on the barrel between the cap threads and the rest of the barrel. In order to stop the threads "running aground" when closing the pen the end of the section registers against a lip inside the cap. This also helps with maintaining air tightness around the nib, and the distance is measured so that the cap rotates on/off in 1.5 turns.

The pen has sterling silver accents, and I put these in pretty much every pen I make, including wooden ones. I cut them from silver sheet using a jewellers saw. I designed the the sterling silver coin and it is cast (not by me). The finials are black acrylic.

I used triple lead 13mm threads for the cap and the overall length of the pen closed is 143mm. Fitted with a Jowo no6 nib and fed by cartridge converter.

The last 2 pictures show the rod with the fins I mentioned in my previous post.

Cheers
Ash

IMG_9961.jpegIMG_9954.jpegIMG_9981.jpegIMG_9978.jpegIMG_9971.jpegIMG_9976.jpegIMG_9955.jpegIMG_9989.jpegIMG_9048.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9974.jpeg
    IMG_9974.jpeg
    429.9 KB · Views: 188
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

Lovely stuff. I'm a strong believer in "no step" on the pen barrel, and do the same thing creating a ledge inside the cap for the section to register against.

sorcerertd

OK, so several thoughts...
  1. The obvious first. That is one gorgeous pen!
  2. I've always liked that you use a "signature" (that coin).
  3. I am in awe of your finishing/polishing skills.
  4. That is a very strange shape for a blank.
    It's as if they didn't close the mold completely before putting the material in it.

Top Bottom