Maybe the Best Wood & Kit Pen ...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kaspar

Kaspar

... I've ever done.

This amboyna piece was very hard and tough to drill when the bit got in deep. It's the best piece I've ever gotten. X Grade, no doubt. It was pretty much shot through with burl pattern, but with just enough twisted grain to give you the full effect. And wait till you see the pattern on the back. This is in Jon David's black ti Jr Aaron style component set. Great kit. (You should go buy one. :biggrin:)

Click on the pick for the larger version, and feast your eyes on this killer burl pattern.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

Really nice looking pen. The wood and the kit go together extremely well and you did a very nice job on the fit and finish. Beautiful pen.

Jim Smith

Kaspar

Yes. I think it works with the amboyna, though I could understand if some did not. I think JonDavid has some Jr. Aarons with different plating coming in soon. I have a another piece or two of Amboyna like this one, and I'm going to try them in those.

You're right. The back side is just as striking as the front. Hard to pick which one to show off I bet. Wonderful finish, too!

The "front" has a dead spot near the bottom of the clip and I didn't want anything interrupting the pattern on the "back." It seemed like the right choice.

Top Bottom